- About us - the history of GermanDeli.com
- How do I contact GermanDeli.com if I have a problem or question?
- Do you have a retail store where I can shop?
- How will my package be shipped?
- Do you have a printed catalog?
- Do you take phone orders?
- Do you ship to Canada?
- How do I order if I don't own a computer or have the Internet?
- I have checked my bank statement online. Why are there two charges on my account?
- Why do products cost more at GermanDeli.com than in Germany?
- Do you offer coupons or discounts?
- Do I have to have an account to place an order at GermanDeli.com?
- Does GermanDeli.com have a Satisfaction Guarantee?
- Are there items that are difficult for you to obtain?
- I am looking for a specific product from Germany. Why don't you carry it?
- How do I plan my own Oktoberfest?
- Are you on social media, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest?
- How do you cook German food?
- Do you have any recipes for German Food?
- How do you pack my perishable items so they don't spoil?
Please click on the link below to meet the owners of GermanDeli.com:How do I contact GermanDeli.com if I have a problem or question?
Do you have a retail store where I can shop?
P.O. Box 92773
Southlake, TX 76092
1-877-GERMANY (toll free)
817-410-9955 (Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex)
If you live in or are visiting the Dallas/Fort Worth area, please stop by our GermanDeli Retail Store. We have over 5,000 imported German food and groceries including butter and cheeses, tender hams smoked in the Black Forest, salted herring from the North Sea, juicy German-style sausages, delectable candies, authentic German Gummibären (Gummi bears), German chocolates, ready-made cakes, delicate cookies, hearty soups, cake mixes and baking aids that are available in GermanDeli's 5,000sf Retail Store in Colleyville.Address:
GermanDeli European Food Store
5100 Highway 121 South
Colleyville, TX 76034
Our Retail Store hours: Monday - Saturday from 9 am - 7 pm (CST) & Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm We are open New Year's Eve & Day. We are closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve (after 3 pm) & Christmas Day.How will my package be shipped?
For more information, please visit the following page:
Most of the time your package will be shipped via FedEx, with some exceptions.Do you have a printed catalog?
Your German food will be packed by one of our Packing Teams with utmost care. For specific shipping information, please check our "Shipping Policy" page:
To see how we pack items, please watch our "How We Pack" video:
No. We have over 5,000 products and add additional products almost every day. A printed catalog is obsolete the day it is printed. Also, printed catalogs are environmentally wasteful. Our online catalog is dynamic and current.Do you take phone orders?
No. We do not have a phone staff large enough to handle the large numbers of orders we receive every day. If you are experiencing technical difficulties while ordering, please phone us at 1-877-GERMANY or email us at Support@GermanDeli.com and we will assist you.Do you ship to Canada?
We can ship most non-perishable items to Canada. We are not able to ship items that are frozen or require refrigeration.How do I order if I don't own a computer or have the Internet?
Please click on the link below for more information about shipping to Canada.
If you don't have access through a friend or relative, please contact your public library. Most libraries offer free Internet access.I have checked my bank statement online. Why are there two charges on my account?
The first transaction is the authorization to your credit card and should disappear within a few business days. The second transaction is the actual charge to your card and that is the only money we have taken from your account. The banking system is set up so that the authorization can stay in a pending status even after the money has been deducted. Unfortunately, we have no control over this situation with the banks.Why do products cost more at GermanDeli.com than in Germany?
We cannot actually charge your card until we ship your order. That is why you are given an estimated total at checkout. Our shipping charges are usually less than what was estimated, so you are only charged for the exact cost of shipping and the exact amount of products you ordered. Sometimes, we may not have the product you ordered due to inaccuracies in the inventory so we can’t charge you for what was not shipped to you, or we may have added items to your order by your request.
Packaging and labeling for the US market, shipping & trucking costs, rates of exchange, and import duties all add to the cost of the products.Do I have to have an account to place an order at GermanDeli.com?
Does GermanDeli.com have a Satisfaction Guarantee?
You can create an account or check out as a guest.
Yes. Here is your GermanDeli.com Product & Service Guarantee:Are there items that are difficult for you to obtain?
We are passionate about customer satisfaction. You have a right to expect our products to perform as described on our site.
If you experience problems with your order, contact us as soon as you receive the package and no later than 14 days from time of delivery. The person who placed the order must contact us in order to receive a refund for any damaged products or for items for which you were charged, but which were inadvertently left out of your order.
Phone: (toll free) 1-877-GERMANY (1-877-437-6269)
Our refund policy applies, with the following exceptions:
- Products that were delivered intact and as described, but are merely not up the to the personal taste of the recipient. In other words, if you or someone else simply doesn't care for the product ordered, or they thought they were ordering something different, we will not issue a refund.
- Cookbooks, magazines, novels, puzzle-books and any other copyrighted materials are non-refundable.
We also do not guarantee orders that are damaged, delayed, lost or stolen because:
- There were errors on the order that lead us to believe fraud might be involved.
- The person ordering provided an incorrect shipping address.
- The person ordering selected products or quantities in error.
- The person ordering selected a shipping method for perishable or heat sensitive items other than those we recommend.
- The person receiving the order did not check to see if the order was left at the door.
- The problem was not reported within 14 days of delivery.
RESTOCKING FEE: In the event that products are returned to GermanDeli.com in sellable condition and GermanDeli.com has agreed to accept their return, a 20% restocking fee will be imposed - unless GermanDeli.com is clearly responsible for an error which is the cause of the return.
GermanDeli.com will not refund shipping and handling fees for orders which were properly delivered. GermanDeli.com will not accept shipping charges for returned orders unless we have agreed to this in advance of the return.
Yes. Some items have been denied entry into the US by the US Food and Drug Administration. Please take a look at our page which includes a list of these items:
Other items are sometimes discontinued by our importers due to slow sales or unavailability. If there are any items in particular that you are still looking for after searching our site, please feel free to contact us at Support@GermanDeli.com with the name(s) of these items. Please try to include details like brand name and product name.
I am looking for a specific product from Germany. Why don't you carry it?
Unfortunately, sometimes we are unable to get certain products from Germany. We have listed some of them on the following page:
Do you offer coupons or discounts?
Yes. You may sign up to receive our E-Newsletters with Coupon/Promotional codes here:How do I plan my own Oktoberfest?
(If that link does not work for you, please send an email to Inga@GermanDeli.com saying that you would like to receive coupons.)
Our customers often ask us how to plan their own Oktoberfest celebrations. Please click the following link to our "Planning an Oktoberfest?" page:Are you on social media, like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest?Yes!
How do you cook German food? It looks too complicated for me.
We're glad you asked! Check out Chef Uwe's GermanDeli Test Kitchen Videos.
Chef Uwe shows you how to cook many German classics using products available from GermanDeli.com:
Do you have any recipes for German Food?
Yes. Please visit our recipes page for German recipes.
How do you pack my perishable items so they don't spoil?
GermanDeli.com staff takes great care when packing each order. Please watch our video that shows how we pack.