I'm not sure why one of the other reviewers had a problem with the sugar cones. Mine turned out just like in the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/IUbPzFtvfPM
I was very careful pouring the rum and I would also make sure that the sugar cones are not kept where it might be too moist. I think sugar cubes instead of the mini cones would also work.
Fire Punch Cup 1pc Blue
Aladin Feuerzangentasse single blau
DescriptionThe original Feuerzangen (Fire Punch) cup in the acrylic box is a wonderful gift for connoisseurs, who will enjoy this special Feuerzangen cup on cozy winter evenings. The ceramic cup is midnight blue and has a capacity of 6.7fl.oz. The sugar cone holder is made of stainless steel and holds the cinnamon sugar cone while it is burning (3 sugar cones are included). You may also use sugar cubes instead to the sugar cone.
Prepare a spiced red wine using cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and citrus in a Merlot-type wine and heating gently. You may also use warmed, bottled Gluehwein. Add the warmed wine to the cup with the sugar cone holder already in place. Then place the mini sugar cone or sugar cubes onto the holder. Pour 151-proof rum over the sugar cone and then light it carefully.
When the sugar cone has burned to the end, just push the sugar cone holder down into the cup. That will help dissolve any remaining bits of sugar. Add one or more ittle citrus pieces and stir with a cinnamon stick.
Each Fire Punch cup includes a small recipe booklet with instructions and recipes (German and Italian) for Feuerzangenbowle, Lumumba, Hüttentee, Pharisees, etc. Warning: Please keep out of children?s reach and do not leave the room while the sugar cone is burning! NEVER pour rum over an already burning sugar cone.
Description in GermanDie originale Feuerzangentasse in der Acrylbox für feurige Winterstunden ist ein wunderbares Geschenk für Geniesser und Liebhaber. Die Keramik-Tasse ist mitternachtsblau und hat ein Fassungsvermögen von 200ml. Der rostfreie Edelstahlbügel hält die Zimt-Zuckerhütchen (3 Zuckerhütchen inklusive).Jede Feuerzangentasse enhält ein kleines Rezeptheft mit Anleitungen und Rezepten (deutsch und italienisch) für Feuerzangenbowle, Lumumba, Hüttentee, Pharisäer usw. Warnung: Bitte von Kindern fernhalten und den Raum nicht verlassen während der Zuckerhut brennt!
InstructionsRecipe for Fire Punch Cup (Feuerzangentasse)
You will need:
Merlot - spiced with cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, and citrus pieces to taste (or bottled Glühwein)
Orange slices for garnish
Cinnamon sticks for flavorful stirring
One individual Fire Punch Cup with cone holder
One mini sugar cone (or several sugar cubes)
1. Heat the Merlot wine (or the Glühwein) in a small saucepan with the cinnamon sticks, cloves, and citrus slices over medium heat until hot, but not boiling.
2. Pour the hot wine mixture into Fire Punch Cup. Place the mini sugar cone on top. If you don't have a mini sugar cone you may use sugar cubes.
3. Carefully pour the 151-proof rum over the sugar cone or cubes. (Be careful, 151-proof rum is very flammable. And NEVER add more rum to the flaming sugar cone!!)
4. Immediately turn the lights down low. Use a long gas lighter or long match to carefully set the cone on fire.
5. Allow the flame to "melt" the sugar, which will slowly drip into the wine.
6. When the flame goes out tilt the sugar cone holder into the Fire Punch cup, add citrus, and a long cinnamon stick to stir. Now sit back and enjoy!
Watch the YouTube video: http://youtu.be/IUbPzFtvfPM
Most Helpful Reviews :
I bought 12 of the cups last year to give as gifts. The cups are beautiful. unfortunately, when you put the Zuckerhut in the holder and add the rum, the sugar falls apart. You never have the chance to light it and see the sugar melt slowly into the cup. My friends liked the cups, but they never got to see the "Feuerzangenbowle in action". The cups wind up either as decoration, or are being put in a corner and never used. VERY disappointing!