Coming from a country where dumplings are a big part of the food culture, these dumplings are not certainly not up to par. it seems that they have freezer burns, they don't expand, which ALL other commercially dumplings do, they taste so-so only. Got them as a gift and would never buy...
if we are too lazy to make our own homemade potato dumplings, we always buy Panni (Pfanni) dumplings from Stater Brothers or Ralphs for $3.99. these dumplings taste MUCH better and can be compared to the German "schneeballe".
Melle's Best Kartoffel Knödel 300g
Melle's Best Kartoffel Knoedel 300g(10.6oz)
- Fresh Made in Germany & Frozen for Export to the U.S.
- Sold in German Supermarkets under the Bürger Brand Name
- All Natural Potato Dumplings
- Each Bag Contains Four (4) Dumplings
- Easy to Prepare...Defrost & Heat in Boiling Salt Water
IngredientsPotatoes, egg white, starch, salt, thickener: guar gum, spice extracts.
Contains egg, wheat, celery and milk.
Description in German
- Frisch hergestellt in Deutschland & tief gefroren für den Export in die USA
- Wird in deutschen Supermärkten unter dem Markennamen Bürger verkauft
- Aus natürlichen Zutaten
- Jeder Beutel enthält vier (4) Knödel
- Einfach zuzubereiten ... auftauen & erwärmen in kochendem Salzwasser
Ingredients in GermanKartoffeln, Eiweiß, Stärke, Salz, Verdickungsmittel: Guarkernmehl, Gewürzextrakte.
Enthält Ei, Weizen, Sellerie und Milch.
InstructionsPlace the (defrosted) Knödel in salted boiling water or a broth; reduce to a gentle boil for approximately 12-14 minutes. Serve with a gravy or sauce of your choice.
Most Helpful Reviews :
I was missing my Burger dumplings from Germany where you just cook one or two when you are having a meal where you need a good potatoe dumpling and GermanDeli finally imports the brand that I love. Burger is what they are called in Germany but here they have a different name but are the same so I am very happy.
I love that I can take one out and cook it up whenever I need my dumpling fix. They taste great. The texture is great. The convenience is great. I top them with whatever luscious gravy I have and mmmmmm. I've even cut them up (bite size) and browned them in butter and onions when I don't have a sauce and I love them that way, too.
Did not like the Knoedel, cooked per instruction, taste lost because of the freezing process, will not purchase again